1. Teams shall be composed of six players or four players who are current members of M-PG as of November 15.
2. Teams are assigned to divisions according to aggregate handicap index. When a club enters more than one team, the six lowest handicap indices will comprise the first team from that club and will be entered in
the appropriate division. The next six lower handicap indices comprise
the second team, and that team will then be assigned to the appropriate
A TEAM FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE STIPULATIONS LISTED BELOW WILL BE SUBJECT TO PENALTY.
1. Each bracket must be filled and contain at least one Regular Team
Member except as noted below
2. Team members must play in at least 50% of team matches.
3. A club may not field a team of fewer members than the number committed when the club registered more than twice during the season.
See details below:
A. Six(6) player teams - a club may not field a team with less than 6
players more than twice a season. A minimum of 2 team members and
1 alternate* can constitute a legal team. All 3 brackets must be represented and filled with a member.
B. Four (4) player teams - a club may not field a team with less than 4
players more than twice a season. A minimum 1 team member and 1
alternate* can constitute a legal team - 2 members. Both brackets must
be represented and filled with a member.
*Special note: an alternate may play alone in a bracket only during
4.If a team fails to show up for the match, fails to meet the requirements in 3 above or has less than 6 or4 players a third time, the following penalty shall be applied: the violating team will receive 0 points for the match. Their opponents will receive half of the allowed points from the day and must play that day.
5. Any eligible Alternate may substitute regardless of her handicap index;
however, no member can play to a handicap index higher than the division maximum.
6. A Team Member may not substitute on any other team.
7. If a change in team membership becomes necessary, the Team Captain or Delegate must immediately notify the Teams Chair, Treasurer and President. The change becomes effective once an acknowledgement of the change is sent out from the Teams Chair to the requesting Team
Captain and/or Delegate. The Teams Chair will notify the Secretary of
all changes for distribution to Delegates and Team Captains.
8. If a Team Captain is not playing a match she must appoint a team member as Acting Captain to be responsible for performing her duties. She must notify the Teams Chair.
9. Exceptions to any of the foregoing must be approved by the Appeals
10. EACH GOLFER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE USGA RULES OF GOLF AND SHOULD HAVE A CURRENT COPY IN HER POSSESSION.